Sunday 7 December 2014

Vengeance on Varos - ahead of its time?

7 December 2014

Am watching Vengeance on Varos on UK Drama. Somehow I missed seeing this on broadcast.

Watching it in 2014, it's striking how ahead of its time it is.    It starts with two characters talking about what they are watching on TV and then participating in a public vote, as a result of which once of the characters is tortured. Sound at all familiar?

Truly Doctor Who invented Gogglebox and I'm a Celebrity thirty years early.

Meanwhile, the Doctor and Peri are stuck in the TARDIS. Arguing. Again. If I was Peri I would have thrown the TARDIS manual at him by now.

Sil is a really interesting and creepy villain.  It is a shame there wasn't more of a build up to his entrance.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured post

Extenuating Circumstances

A while ago I pointed out that my university colleague and I had concerns about the personal tutoring arrangement between Bill and the Docto...