Friday 19 December 2014

My Top Ten Christmas Specials: No 5


Number 5: The Runaway Bride

OK so this is not the most Christmassy of Christmas Specials.  Although it is supposed to take place on Christmas Eve, and the robot Santas make a (slightly implausible) repeat appearance, the bright sunshine doesn’t really convey a festive mood.

But this is the episode where the Tenth Doctor meets Donna, my favourite of his companions.  She takes absolutely no nonsense from him.

And Sarah Parish does a wonderful job of eating the scenery as the Queen of the Racnoss.
Christmassy Factor: 1/10
Victorian/Dickensian Factor: 0/10

No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured post

Extenuating Circumstances

A while ago I pointed out that my university colleague and I had concerns about the personal tutoring arrangement between Bill and the Docto...