The Unquiet Dead
OK. Technically, this one isn't actually a Christmas Special, but it should have been. After all, it's a story with Charles Dickens, at Christmas, with ghosts (as Donna might have put it.) It deserves the number two spot for simply setting the precedent of Christmassy Doctor Who.
It was only the third story to be broadcast after the series returned. Back then, we didn't even have a concept of a Doctor Who Christmas Special, other than William Hartnell taking time out from the Daleks Masterplan to wish everyone a Merry Christmas.
Christmassy Factor: 8/10
Victorian/Dickensian Factor: 10/10
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Featured post
Extenuating Circumstances
A while ago I pointed out that my university colleague and I had concerns about the personal tutoring arrangement between Bill and the Docto...
-
Since its return in 2005, Doctor Who has provided viewers with an ever-growing list of commands. Quite are few are prohibitions - mostl...
-
The UK Drama Channel (Freeview channel 20) is currently showing some classic Doctor Who stories, one for each of the pre-2005 Doctors on Su...
-
Sunday 28 December It’s been a couple of days now since I first saw Last Christmas, and I’m still not sure what I think. I really did not...
No comments:
Post a Comment