Sunday 19 October 2014

Summer 2006: keeping the dream alive


24 July 2006

One of our research fellows dropped into my office today.  He said “I heard you like Doctor Who, so I thought you might be interested in this”, “this” being a birthday card he had received with a picture of a Dalek on the front, which, when opened, said “If you do not celebrate your birthday you will be exterminated”.  He then turned round and spotted Derek the inflatable Dalek – the Professor of Medieval History has been keeping him blown up for me - and commented “oh, you do like Doctor Who, then.” 

14 August 2006

Noticed a couple of classic cars turning into the front quad on my way in to work this morning. Correctly deduced that it was again being used for filming (a fairly frequent occurrence, this – the front quad has doubled for the British Museum in The Mummy Returns and Nigel Havers was once shot dead on the steps) and indulge in brief fantasy that it is Doctor Who and I might invite David Tennant into my office to meet Derek the Dalek. 

Turns out to be some Bollywood movie.  Damn.

And how many shopping days left to the Christmas Special? Thank goodness Torchwood is coming soon.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured post

Extenuating Circumstances

A while ago I pointed out that my university colleague and I had concerns about the personal tutoring arrangement between Bill and the Docto...