Saturday 1 November 2014

Dark Water -first thoughts

So now we know who Missy is. It was obvious, in retrospect. 

That was definitely one the best episodes of this (fairly mediocre) season. I loved the visual references to Tomb of the Cybermen and The Invasion. I was less sure about the dream sequence, firstly because they are always a cop-out, but also because it just felt wrong that Clara would feel she had to threaten the Doctor to get her way.

What does Steven Moffat have against the boyfriends of the Doctor's companions? He does like killing them off.  Repeatedly, in the case of poor old Rory. They are fast becoming the equivalent of Star Trek's ensign in the red shirt. Time will tell whether Danny's demise is permanent.

I can't help feeling the BBC will get complaints from a) Apple and b) Crematorium owners.

Roll on next week!




No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured post

Extenuating Circumstances

A while ago I pointed out that my university colleague and I had concerns about the personal tutoring arrangement between Bill and the Docto...