Saturday 14 November 2015

I've Redecorated! (No I don't like it either)

14 November 2015

Another issue of the excellent Doctor Who Magazine came out this week.  At my age I really shouldn't be reading it, but it's so much more interesting and with more to read than women's magazines.  I mean, who really cares about this season's new shade of lipstick (unless, of course you are River Song, and the lipstick in question is psychotropic).  

Anyway, the reason I mentioned it was that Jacqueline Rayner had the same problem I did with the repair chip in The Girl Who Died. I think it is a weakness of making programmes that can bear repeated watching that crucial points can be missed first time round so you actually need to watch more than once in order to understand what is going on.

In a packed schedule today, I have to:

a) take my elderly mother shopping; and
b) resolve whatever domestic crisis she has for me this week (they vary from 'I can't work the CD player' to 'the roof has blown off the conservatory');
c) pick up husband and travel in to London and out again to Dulwich in order to see the Escher exhibition (Castrovalva, anyone?)
d) travel back in to London and to Excel Centre to check in to hotel and have dinner before Doctor Who is on.

Yes, tomorrow we are going to the Doctor Who  Festival. I'm not sure how a festival differs from a convention, but I suppose it sounds more suitable for respectable middle-aged ladies.  [I'll be the one in the pink 'Hello Sweetie' T Shirt].

My German colleague has asked me to tell Steven Moffat that the sonic shades are 'an abomination'.  I'll let you know how I get on.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured post

Extenuating Circumstances

A while ago I pointed out that my university colleague and I had concerns about the personal tutoring arrangement between Bill and the Docto...