Saturday 15 July 2017

At last ....

Saturday 15 July 2017

There is a popular conception that ladies of a certain age are glued to their TV sets at this time of year, guzzling strawberries and champagne.  Well, I'm sorry, but whilst I don't mind strawberries(though raspberries are much nicer), I HATE TENNIS IN GENERAL, and WIMBLEDON IN PARTICULAR. It's even worse than netball.

This leaves me in something of a difficulty given that the casting of the new Doctor is supposed to be announced after the Men's Final.  How can I be poised and ready for that, without having to watch the beastly tennis?

I may just have to hide until it's all over.  Meanwhile, here are my thoughts on the casting:

People I would quite like to see as the Thirteenth Doctor:

  • David Tennant (still hoping for that waking up in the TARDIS shower moment)
  • Richard Coyle
  • Kris Marshall
  • Alex Hassell
  • Edward Bennett

People I would not like to see as the Thirteenth Doctor:

  • Wee Jimmie Krankie
  • Olivia Colman
  • James Corden
  • Noel Fielding
  • Mary Berry
I still think it will be a 30-40ish male actor who is just beginning to get known on TV (so none of the above, really.)

All will be revealed tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured post

Extenuating Circumstances

A while ago I pointed out that my university colleague and I had concerns about the personal tutoring arrangement between Bill and the Docto...