Monday 26 June 2017

World Enough and Time

Monday 26 June 2017

We missed the broadcast of Saturday night's episode owing to a prior engagement watching David Troughton (The Curse of Peladon and Midnight) playing Titus Andronicus  at the RSC. After an extremely gory evening, we settled down on Sunday morning to watch World Enough and Time.

Having enjoyed the previous two episodes, I didn't have particularly high hopes, particularly as I find season finales tend to be a bit disappointing.  I have seen online reviews suggesting that the episode was ruined because two of the biggest shocks had been made public in  advance.  Well, maybe, but the chances of keeping them secret would have been about the same as those of the Daleks taking up charity work.  On the other hand, Bill's fate was a genuine shock. And despite the leaks, I failed to penetrate the Master's disguise.  How could I have been so dense?

The idea of dropping Missy into a typical Doctor-type scenario to see how she got on was inspired.  I can't wait to find out what happens next week.   Unfortunately, next Saturday is a significant date, the sort of date that you might go out to celebrate.

Fortunately the husband has already thought of that.  "I've booked a table for lunch" he told me.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured post

Extenuating Circumstances

A while ago I pointed out that my university colleague and I had concerns about the personal tutoring arrangement between Bill and the Docto...