Sunday 27 November 2016

Power of the Daleks - the beginning

Sunday 27 November 2016

On Friday my other half decided that a burgundy coloured Fourth Doctor cosplay coat was the ideal garment to wear:

a) to work (where the Finance Director correctly identified it); and
b) to the AGM and Presidential Lecture of the Royal Historical Society.

After the lecture, I tried to make a swift exit and he asked me if I didn't want to go the reception for a canapĂ©.  "Not in that coat," I replied, "it looks a lot better in the dark." [This was a reference to our first date. We were at the theatre and as the house lights he turned to me and told me that I looked better in the dark. Reader....I married him anyway.]

The upside of this was that we got home in good time to watch The Grand Tour, leaving Saturday night free to make a start on the DVD of Power of the Daleks.

It's rather a strange story.  I'm not sure whether the animation follows the original script exactly, but it seems to be a little disjointed, as if linking action or scenes are missing.  The animation is quite basic, and doesn't seem to have captured the Doctor,  Ben and Polly particularly well.  That said, I am enjoying it, and found episode two creepy enough to be watched from a vantage point to the rear of our soft seating area.  The end of this episode is rather similar to Victory of the Daleks, which I wasn't really expecting.

I'm off now to watch the next thrilling installment.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured post

Extenuating Circumstances

A while ago I pointed out that my university colleague and I had concerns about the personal tutoring arrangement between Bill and the Docto...